Monday, December 20, 2010

Giving this year

Sunday was a busy day.  Daddy took the girls out for a little Christmas shopping for me and I had some time to catch up on a few things I have been meaning to do for weeks now.

The first was cleaning out our coat closet.


Yeah, that's a lot of coats.  Some were from when we were in college!!  Needless to say between men's, women's and children's coats and snow suits we made a nice donation to our local women's shelter.

Second was a trip to the local Toys for Tot drop off.  Still a few more days left to get your donation in!

And lastly for our day of giving -I made our annual donation to our "Family chosen" charity at http://www.crudem.org/.   Each year in lieu of gifts my husband's family picks an organization and we donate money.   This year Hopital Sacre Coeur in Haiti was a wonderful choice especially in light of the recent cholera epidemic. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. You amaze me. Good job my friend. I like friends who inspire me and appreciate that we've become even better friends in 2010!

    ReplyDelete