Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Now that's A LOT of garlic!

In my quest for a healthier, skinner New Year- I have the crockpot out and 8 truck loads of garlic to try to put some flavor into our dinner.   Luckily I got the new Better Homes and Garden crockpot cookbook for Christmas.

Thyme and Garlic Chicken

6 cloves of garlic, minced
1.5 teaspoons of dried thyme
3 to 4 pounds whole chix breasts (with bone)
1/4 orange juice
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar

Sprinkle thyme and garlic over chix.   Place into crockpot.  Pour over orange juice and vinegar.  Cover and cook 5-6 hours on low.  2.5-3 on high. 

Remove chix from cooker (cover with foil to keep warm).  Skim fat from cooking juices.  Strain into a saucepan.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered about 10 mins until reduced to 1 cup.  Pass juices with chix.

I told you it was a ton of garlic!  You should smell the house.  No vampires here........and I apologize for my breath in advance over the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what that smell was....ha ha ha! Looks amazing and I love the crock!

    I got the Fix it and Forget it Lightly book...I'll be sharing goodies soon. Also am posting the recipe of what I made last night....chicken brocoli stir fry with garlic, ginger and 'shrooms....big hit here!

    ReplyDelete