Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You are so pretty, why must you stink so!

A friend of mine mentioned that she had grown Paperwhites before and while they are very pretty they stink a bit like cat urine.  Really, how could this be.  I inquired about them from a few others and each said -yes, they do have a bit of a smell, but you get used to it.  Well, the girls have been amazed at how fast they have grown, they definitely are pretty and I just love this teal colored vase that I found for them, but yes the do smell a bit.    Olivia summed it up best when she was standing in the vicinity of the flowers-"Mummy, I think I smell Plumpy's bum".  


1 comment:

  1. They look beautiful and I love that vase but yes, I would never - ever steer you wrong! A tad stinky but worth it (in my opinion) to get just a touch of Spring in here!

    ReplyDelete