Thursday, April 8, 2010

Banana Nugget Cookies

Another great way to use up those bananas turing brown on your countertop!  My mother used to make these for my sister and I when we were little.  This recipe is adapted from Marjorie Standish -Cooking Downeast.


They look almost the same after they bake! 
Banana Nugget Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup shortening (I used 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1/4 butter instead)

1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 honey and 1/2 cup sugar instead)

1 egg

1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup wheat germ instead)

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1 cup banana, mashed (2-3 ripe bananas)

1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1 cup of raisins instead)

Directions

1. Cream shortening, sugar and egg.

2. Add dry ingredients and mashed banana and mix thoroughly.

3. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.

4. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment