Thursday, April 15, 2010

Butterfly snacks

We were headed out to a play date this week and I wanted to bring something fun for the kids to share with their friends.  I found this idea on Family Fun.  Butterfly Bounty.  They were very easy to make and I was able to put them together with things I had around the house (the girls craft area) and the pantry.

I used to fill the bags:
-Kashi heart to heart cereal
-marshmellows
-cranberries
-choc chips
-cheezits
(*I know what a combo right- I don't think the girls will care-I am sure they will eat it!)

To make the butterflies I used:
-ziploc bags (snack size)
-pipe cleaners
-closepins
-I did not have googly eyes as suggested by Family Fun so I put them on with perm marker
-glitter glue

*I ended up using my glue gun to attach the antennae (aka pipe cleaners) b/c the glitter glue did not hold them on.  I did use the glitter glue to decorate the bodies.





6 comments:

  1. Oh my god, they are going to love them! So cute! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way, my code word was 'criout'. Think someone is telling me my boy needs to be Ferberized??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I MUST try this - too cute, what a sweet surprise snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Adorable! What a great idea for a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue @ Above the Dam JamApril 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM

    And, of course, the girls all loved them-- especially the marshmallows! You rock!

    ReplyDelete